What is Grid ?
An infrastructure that couples
- Computers (PCs, workstations, clusters, traditional supercomputers, and even laptops, notebooks, mobile computers, PDA, and so on) …
- Software ? (e.g., renting expensive special purpose applications on demand)
- Databases (e.g., transparent access to human genome database)
- Special Instruments (e.g., radio telescope--SETI@Home Searching for Life in galaxy, Austrophysics@Swinburne for pulsars)
- People (may be even animals who knows ?)
across the Internet and presents them as an unified integrated (single) resource.