What is Grid ?
An infrastructure that couples:
- Computers (PCs, workstations, clusters, traditional supercomputers, and even laptops, notebooks, mobile computers, PDA, and so on) …
- Software ? (e.g., ASPs renting expensive special purpose applications on demand)
- Catalogued Data/Databases (e.g., transparent access to human genome database)
- Special Instruments (e.g., radio telescope--SETI@Home Searching for Life in galaxy, Austrophysics@Swinburne for pulsars)
- People/collaborators (even animals who knows ?)
and offers a simple, consistent, dependable, & pervasive access across (local/wide-area) networks to present them as an unified integrated resource.